Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Wannabe


So, I’ve always had this passion for running. Although right now I’m more of what I call a “wannabe runner”. I love it, and I say I’m a runner… yet I find excuses not to do it. Yeah, I know, that doesn’t make much sense. If you love something so much you would have no problem doing it, right? Well, in my case it’s different. For me, when life gets busy my priorities change and often times some of my favorite things are set aside for a bit...
You see, I’m in school 35-40 hours a week, I have errands to run, bills to pay, and of course I want need to spend time with my wonderful husband. It’s hard to juggle everything as it is, and to take an extra hour or two out of my busy day for a long run is sometimes hard when I’m exhausted.

I have always had this goal though- run a marathon.

Lately I have been thinking about this A LOT. So I have reorganized my schedule and have managed to pencil in at least 4 days out of my week where I can go for a run. I don’t want to jump ahead and sign up for a marathon just yet. For now I want to focus on making this a routine. So starting tomorrow I will pull up my hair, put on my sneakers, tie my shoe laces
{bunny around the tree and in the hole way- of course}
and run run run. I will not think about how there are probably more important things I could be doing instead, because running is important.
It is important- to me.
I'm not going to be wannabe anymore!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I really want to run a marathon too, but I hate running. One day :) Also, I tie my shoes the same way! Run a few laps for me!

Anna said...

Laura! I'm so excited for you.. I am dying to go running but I physically can't rightnow. Gotta recover from having a baby. Moving quick even kills me.

So last June I started training for a marathon. Um. Then I got preg in July. I ran a half marathon almost 5 months pregnant at the end of October. It was fun, such a fantastic feeling. I will say, training for a marathon isn't as hard as I thought it would be. YOu build so slow. Sign up for a 6k-then a 10k... having a race you paid for will motivate you to train! Also, I had pretty much a pro runner training me so i didn't hurt myself... if you want our running schedule I can help you with it!

Laura said...

Anna thats great! I also have run a half marathon and it is a great feeling. Although, I'm not sure that I would feel the same being pregnant! Great for you though! : )